[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: process definition as a resource

heiko.braun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 17 05:27:19 EST 2009

anonymous wrote :
  | so if we assume that versioning is done by the client in the process file, then this would really fit the jboss deployer architecture. (finally !)

yes, that's what bernd did with the AS 4 deployer as well. let's start with explicit versioning inside the process description, at least for AS deployments. It sounds reasonable to me.

anonymous wrote :
  | if a user deploys a new version of a process...

we'd need to be more precise here. I can actually see three use cases:

1) a changed pdl file, but classes remain the same
2) same pdl, but classes changed
3) changed pdl and classes changed

IMO 1) and 3) should lead to a new version of that process, i.e. demanding an explicit version increment in the pdl, whereas 2) simply associated a different resource set to with process (i think bernd called it patching/bug fixes)

In general all those cases where the pdl is changed, we can encounter two situations: the user explicitly changed the version within the pdl or he didn't.  IMO the later case indicates "replacement" of a process definition.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210626#4210626

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210626