[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: task assignee vs owner

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 17 08:44:09 EST 2009

"KrisVerlaenen" wrote : I believe a task component would probably be one of the easiest component to collaborate on (as it can be completely decoupled from the internals of the execution engine). We have expressed our interest in collaboration on this over half a hour ago and I have repeated this numerous times.  What disappoints me is that the you guys now apparently decided to start creating something entirely custom without any communication whatsoever.

  | Kris

i don't see it the same way.

we had a task component in jbpm 3 and we are building an improved version for jbpm 4.

in the meantime, i saw that you have also build a task component as well.

first of all, our time constraints don't allow us to endeavour on a unified task component.  it takes *a lot* of time to understand each others goals, implementation, merge and work like that.   we simply don't have the time to go through that process at this stage.  i assume that you are aware of this as you also point us to your code without working with us on our project.  no offence intended, just pinpointing that the hard part is the merging of ideas and requirements into a single unified implementation.

also, i don't think it is good to spend energy on building a "unified" task component for 2 engines which should have be one in the first place.

we don't have time enough to consider the merge-components strategy.  but you are welcome to join our development efforts if you're interested.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210680#4210680

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210680