[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: statefull vs stateless delegation classes

jbarrez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 20 04:11:46 EST 2009

1) is the way I'm currently doing it today, but it feels like I'm doing the engine's work by doing so ...

Users won't get in to trouble by using option 1, but it certainly overloads the execute method, even if you want to do something simple like adding 2 runtime variables and store the result: first fetch and 'interprete' them, add them, store them ... this is not the jbpm-way

Option (2) is a viable alternative, but it's a bit error-prone and hard to debug IMO. Stateful should be the default choice then, and those who want extra performance can set the stateless option where needed

So, I'm not liking any of the 2 options ... but if I had to choose, I'd choose option (2).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211725#4211725

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211725