[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Removed Timer/autosave in Revision 4006?

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 27 22:21:09 EST 2009

"camunda" wrote : In my case, we have an own ExecuteJobCommand, since we do some additional stuff. So I had to change that as well to get the Tests green. Maybe other people do the same stuff?
Yes, the Seam integration also uses a custom job executor and they may rely on the jobs autosaving the process instance.

"camunda" wrote : Couldn't we move this to the JobSession.loadJob() method? Now we have to spread this logic to JobExecutor, ExecuteJobCommand's and so on.
Seems like a good proposal, except that loadJob could also be used under contexts that do not require saving the process instance (e.g. a monitoring console). I have the following two proposals:

1. Introduce a loadJobForUpdate method, possibly in JbpmContext (since no XxxSession has any xxxForUpdate method).
2. Forget about it, and just revert.

I'm leaning towards (1). Any thoughts?

"camunda" wrote : I fly to Mexico next week. Maybe we could just meet for beer on around Tuesday 10.03. in Mexico City?
Crap, what a bad coincidence. Right now I'm in Houston, USA, and will be back to Mexico City by March 14th. Perhaps we could meet on your way back?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4213906#4213906

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4213906