[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Any possibility of persistence-API?

estaub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 22 13:19:38 EST 2009

Britt,

Nice post!  This area can always use more thought.

The one pushback I see (and it's major), is that when a domain business method fails and rolls back, it's painful for that to roll back the workflow persistence operations as well.  The amount that is rolled back is essentially unpredictable, since it depends on details of the engine's implementation that probably should not be specified or relied on.  For instance, in JBPM3, you could have a rollback that would obliterate some or all of the activity on other "tines" of a fork.  Everything is in sync, but the behavior is probably unexpected.

Of course, in the two-transaction model, you can have the JBPM transaction roll back, while the business methods have already committed - the inverse of the problem described above.  But I think this is a lesser problem.

-Ed Staub

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204098#4204098

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204098