[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Any possibility of persistence-API?

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 23 02:55:16 EST 2009

"wkzk" wrote : Hi.
  | I ve chosen iBatis or another light persistent API as a persistent / data access framework.
  | So, I'd like to use jBPM with above oss frameworks, not hibernate.

can you elaborate on this motivation.  the only motivation that i have seen in this context is that from a coding perspective, this looks cleaner.

but in fact the downsides are much bigger.

1) the api would have to be reduced to the intersection of what hibernate, jpa, ibatis and all other potential persistent stores would offer.

another way to make this point is that we say: there is such an api!  the interface is called org.hibernate.Session.  go and implement it with iBatis.  probably you realize that is not going to be a trivial job.  that is the same work that you ask us to do when you ask us for a persistence SPI.

2) it would be impossible to do the QA on a matrix of JDK, DB and persistence framework

3) we provide nice integrations with hibernate, but you can always ignore those and consider hibernate a jbpm implementation detail.  in which case, the only thing that comes out of jbpm is a JDBC connection.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204218#4204218

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204218