[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Any possibility of persistence-API?

brittm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 23 10:29:45 EST 2009

anonymous wrote : Maybe I get you wrong, but this is exactly what jbpm can do if you use the JtaDbPersistenceServiceFactory, or where is the problem with that solution?
My apologies, I wasn't very clear.  With JtaDbPersistenceServiceFactory the Hibernate transaction is enlisted in the greater XA transaction that was started by JPA, but the Hibernate transaction is still a new "sub" transaction in a new thread with a new DB connection.  However, to work, the solution would have to ensure that jBPM's persistence mechanism is using the actual DB connection that was opened from JPA, so that Hibernate and JPA are using the same DB connection.  Using the same DB connection is actually what enables the DB to avoid the deadlock scenario.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204365#4204365

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204365