[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Java Activity not using Interface

jbarrez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 27 06:14:05 EST 2009

Bernd,

I would like to see that both approaches are doable.

After all, there isn't much compile-time checking since the handler class is declared in XML. So if you refactor it, the process def will not be updated.
What added value do you believe the compiler has?

Perhaps it is possible to implement some kind of semi-compile-check when the process is deployed: eg check if the handler class exists, if it can be instantiated, if the param types are correct, ...

I really like the POJO approach: it allows to bundle business logic into a cohesive class.  But I would like to see the 'old' handler, because it is easyto explain  for new people.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204950#4204950

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204950