[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: GetOutcomes returns additional transition

brittm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 3 11:09:11 EDT 2009

Ronald, for what it's worth, I completely agree with you.

First, there should be no reserved words or special words for transition names.  This is just a 'feature' that I don't really need but would have to always think about anyway.

Second, in 95% of the use cases, it doesn't make sense to not explicitly provide a transition name on every transition, and in the 5% of the cases where not providing a name might be considered useful, it's just too easy to go ahead and provide one for the sake of consistency.  Taking the consistent approach makes coding everything easier.

While I don't have any issues with taking the first (default) transition if no name is specified, any further 'special' behavior just complicates my life with additional rules that I don't really need and wouldn't expect.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241741#4241741

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241741