[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Is it possible to avoid hibernate?

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 8 06:52:23 EDT 2009

with the jbpm core, it should be possible to build out all execution modes as described in http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/jBPM4ExecutionModes

i believe that you are referring to the 'Memory' execution mode, right ?

the direction we're thinking in for that use case is to use the ProcessBuilder to create process definitions.  Probably we can leverage the JpdlParser for that as wel.  That will immediately give most of jPDL features instead of having to start from an empty PVM.  Maybe some dependencies on the environment configuration sneeked in here or there.

Our current idea is to use methods on the objects themselves for the memory execution mode, and skip the services api's

It would be great if you could try that direction and see where you run into problems.

Keep us posted

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242385#4242385

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242385