[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Task integration with external apps

heiko.braun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 9 04:17:14 EDT 2009

Hi Heiko,

pardon me for contacting you directly and bypassing the jBPM forums... We're currently integrating jBPM4 with a document management system that is based on Tapestry 4.1.5 and Spring, running in Tomcat 6. We're planning to go live with our application very close to the release date of jBPM4, so I suppose you can call us early adopters. I'm in touch with Andries Inze regarding the spring integration, but I suppose you are the right person to ask about what I'm working on right now.

I'm wondering what is the best way to integrate jBPM with our user interface and establish signalling of processes. I've seen your task form examples and the post in the developers forum (http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=155048), but
Nils wrote:

I'm wondering what is the best way to integrate jBPM with our user interface and establish signalling of processes. I've seen your task form examples and the post in the developers forum (http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=155048), but

1) I'm a bit lost as to whether there is a way to deploy those task forms together with our application in Tomcat
and
2) it seems like some things are still undecided (form reference in jPDL/Task still seems to be discussed etc.) and undocumented (I'm currently developing using the jBPM4 trunk and I didn't really find any task form documentation in the freshly built user guide)

My idea at the moment is to just display a task list in our user interface and use the process variables to generate links that work in our GUI framework. Then, by passing the task ids as parameters to our pages, we'll be able to detect that a user is accessing the page as part of a work flow and add specific buttons to provide signaling etc. I'm just wondering if this is a feasible way to do this or if I'm missing something and I'll windup re-inventing the wheel.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242535#4242535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242535