[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Is it possible to avoid hibernate?

jorgemoralespou_2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 20 13:33:04 EDT 2009

I know that Deployer is not part of the public API, and that internal is that "internal", but for the shake of the tsak of making jBPM not depending on hibernate, and trying to have another kind of RepositoryService "a non persisted with hibernate, rather than in memory" I have to cope with creating new classes, and bindings, and this stuff, and I have to create my implementations of some classes, practically the same as the ones in internal, only due to the fact that they are not programmed to allow extendibility.
Maybe I have to do this all by my own, but I think that a little cooperation can e helpfull.
As I said in a previous post, I started by trying to create a new RepositoryService, that hold Deployments in memory (probably a JBossCache in the future). For that I have my MemoryRepositoryService (with its binding in jbpm.user.wire.bindings.xml).  I could reuse most of the commands in RepositoryService, but createDeployment has to create a new DeploymentImpl, since the one in the core depends on hibernate (LOB). And from there I have to replicate tons of classes that could have done it if it would have referenced NewDeployment instead of DeploymentImpl.

I know that this tasks (and part of the api) may only be for core developers, but since I wanted to use jBPM4 for what I have been using jBPM3, I wanted to acomplish this task as soon as possible. I've been waiting for this a long time, since jBPM4 was firstly scheduled for months ago, and that make us (in our company) not change the process engine library we were using.

I really think jBPM4 can be a very good software, but looking at its internals made me think that probably it was released before than it should.

Would you mind my comments, or should I go all by myself?

As I said, public API is for clients. I don't think what I`m looking for in here, (right now) is to use it as a client, as it don't fulfill my needs.

Thank you,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244735#4244735

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244735