[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Task I18N support

gleenders do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 20 03:40:31 EDT 2009

I use jBPM 4 just on task level to indicate to different users their next tasks. I don't use a task form, just a brief description of what their task is and a button where they can execute the task the moment it''™s done.

Because I want to use this system in Belgium this can only be done with i18n support. For the moment this is not implemented in jBPM 4.

Searching for I way to implement this or a workaround these are my current thoughts/considerations:
Tasks translations should be in a sub-node under task in the jpdl.xml file. Since they are part of the process definition (changing a translation will result in a new process definition version).
I think we can discuss on this: is the translation really part of the definition?
If yes, then the only possibility is to include it in the jPDL as said above.
If no, we have to bind it to the task definition key (who seems to be the task name). So in that case it would be possible to foresee a system to implement i18n task support by providing a properties file or an extra database table (both based on the task name as part of the key).
The drawback of this system is that it would be possible to change the translations within a jBPM version.

One way or another I would like to have a method on '˜Task'™ [public String getDescription(String locale)] who just returns the description translation based on the locale.

Regards,
Gert

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244566#4244566

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244566