[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Is it possible to avoid hibernate?

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 21 05:02:58 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : Is jBPM targeted to be extendible by developers from outside JBoss.org?Yes it is, but for now that is limited to make custom nodes, eventhandlers etc.. and to some extend custom services (like IDM).

As mentioned earlier by Tom (second post)

anonymous wrote : that is a target. but we'll be only able to bring this to the surface in the mid term

and the fourth post:
anonymous wrote : the direction we're thinking in for that use case is to use the ProcessBuilder to create process definitions. Probably we can leverage the JpdlParser for that as wel. That will immediately give most of jPDL features instead of having to start from an empty PVM. Maybe some dependencies on the environment configuration sneeked in here or there.

  | Our current idea is to use methods on the objects themselves for the memory execution mode, and skip the services api's
  |
  | It would be great if you could try that direction and see where you run into problems.

So yes it is, but you are 'early' and doing groundbraking work :-).

anonymous wrote : If so, I think that one really lacking feature is design documentation, as I have to dive into the internal API, where there is no much javadoc, nor documentation.

And yes, that is one of the reasons docs in this area are not there.

anonymous wrote : I'll try to post my questions in here as they arise in the hope of letting me fulfill my requirements, and I'll try to flood the list with requests and questions, so In Memory Process Execution can become a reality.

What you do is of interest, and with detailed questions in separate topics I'm sure the core devs are willing to help/comment.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244876#4244876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244876