[jbpm-dev] Party pooper? Back to work...

Ronald van Kuijk rvkuijk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 07:17:40 EDT 2009

Guys,

I hate to be the one to bring everybody back to reality after the
release, but I would hate it to see improvements that were made over the
last year slip again. Now I'm not talking about improvements in the
engine which were for the outside mostly invisible. No, I'm talking
about the much improved use of directly visible things like using the
jira, wiki etc. Thomas did a great job in that regard. Deutsche
Gründlichkeit is what we miss

Now, I'd love to take that upon me, but my free time is becomming
limited again and I think it should belong to someone directly in the
project. Why do I bring this up now?

http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13217 contains several things.
The most important being

      September 1st: jBPM-4.1

*Milestone*
	*Date*
Jira Freeze 	July 22th
Code freeze 	August 18th
*Release* 	*September 1st*

July 22th being yesterday. So this means the issue list for 4.1 is
frozen now since I assume everybody had these dates in mind. If that is
not the case, I'd like you all to go over your issues and see if they
can be fixed before august 18th. If not, assign them to the next
release, so expectations on the outside are realistic!!!

In addition, I'd like this 'roadmap' page to be either kept up to date
or for the most part just contain links to the jira. The way the details
of features are mentioned there do not add anything to the fact that you
can have these kinds of reports from Jira. e.g. by using labels if we do
not want to have to many components. Going over issues that were
reported lately against 4.0 is not wrong either, there might be some
that can be fixed quickly and give a positive impression of the project.

So come on and do your housecleaning duties by obeying this order or
next time you guys all drink Heineken a full evening here in Utrecht.

Ronald