[jbpm-dev] Party pooper? Back to work...

Ronald van Kuijk rvkuijk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 08:08:03 EDT 2009

Op 23-07-09 13:37, Tom Baeyens schreef:

>> Now, I'd love to take that upon me, but my free time is becomming
>> limited again and I think it should belong to someone directly in the
>
> i'm taking lead responsibility.  but it is actually a team effort.

A team or *community* effort ;-), but again good to hear.

>> July 22th being yesterday. So this means the issue list for 4.1 is
>> frozen now since I assume everybody had these dates in mind. If that
>> is not the case, I'd like you all to go over your issues and see if
>> they can be fixed before august 18th. If not, assign them to the next
>> release, so expectations on the outside are realistic!!!
>

> that has already been done.  that is exactly what we spend last week
> on before the party.  every one committed to the issues that were
> taken on.

I already had that impression going over the list with open issues. It
looked realistic and they were all updated recently. Great. There are,
for the moment , no issues assigned to people outside the team, but it
would be good to e.g. notify the dev list (or the dev forum for that
matter) since more people are involved than just the core team ;-)

>> In addition, I'd like this 'roadmap' page to be either kept up to
>> date or for the most part just contain links to the jira.
>
> there is one thing out of date.  that is the code freeze date.  that
> has been delayed to August 25th.  i just updated it now.

Great.

>> The way the details of features are mentioned there do not add
>> anything to the fact that you can have these kinds of reports from
>> Jira. e.g. by using labels if we do not want to have to many
>> components. Going over issues that were reported lately against 4.0
>> is not wrong either, there might be some that can be fixed quickly
>> and give a positive impression of the project.
>
> i don't get this part.  can you elaborate ?

I'm already  adding this info to the respective Jira issues, since
indirectly they are already there. Main things are "regressions" in jPDL.

> maybe it is not clear how we use that page.  the reason for the
> features being listed in the page is to organise and get an overview
> of the priorities.

You don't get that from there fairly easily. It's duplicate maintenance,
you do not see if issues are fixed already etc...etc...etc... Even the
jira freeze and the code freeze can (should) be in the jira e.g. as
blocking issues.

> from those priorities, the concrete roadmap issues are created in
> jira.  so jira is the reference for the concrete work.

Again... duplicate work, maintenance, error-prone etc... The jira for
entering things is technical, but you can easily create nice custom
reports that have things grouped by label etc... or introduce
'components' again.

I'll try to show you this early next week...

> i'll add that explanation in case that would be the cause of confusion.
>
>> So come on and do your housecleaning duties by obeying this order or
>> next time you guys all drink Heineken a full evening here in Utrecht.
>
> i don't know yet what housecleaning you're referring to.  but in any
> case, a heineken in utrechts sounds good.

Never mind... was trying to be funny, did not succeed very well, and
even I don't want to drink a Heinken here... Even the pub I usually go
to has 4 belgium beers from a pump (tap?) of which the 'kabouter' is my
favourite