[jbpm-dev] Maintaining duplicate info (was:Party pooper? Back to work...)

Ronald van Kuijk rvkuijk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:57:56 EDT 2009

Op 23-07-09 13:37, Tom Baeyens schreef:
>> In addition, I'd like this 'roadmap' page to be either kept up to
>> date or for the most part just contain links to the jira.
>
> there is one thing out of date.  that is the code freeze date.  that
> has been delayed to August 25th.  i just updated it now.
>
>> The way the details of features are mentioned there do not add
>> anything to the fact that you can have these kinds of reports from
>> Jira. e.g. by using labels if we do not want to have to many
>> components. Going over issues that were reported lately against 4.0
>> is not wrong either, there might be some that can be fixed quickly
>> and give a positive impression of the project.
>
> i don't get this part.  can you elaborate ?
>
> maybe it is not clear how we use that page.  the reason for the
> features being listed in the page is to organise and get an overview
> of the priorities.  from those priorities, the concrete roadmap issues
> are created in jira.  so jira is the reference for the concrete work.

I've been investigating a little and come to the following conclusion:

- The jBPM 4.1 releasedate in jira is still august 14th so that is
already out of sync
- The number of  feature requests in the GPD in unreleased versions
(4.1, 4.2 and 4.x) is 0
- http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/GWTConsoleFeatureSet is already
'better' but can also be generated if not only the 'unreleased' versions
are taken into account (which is logical for the future) but also the
released versions. And even in this page there are differences
- The number of feature requests in the jira for the engine in jBPM 4
(4.1, 4.2, 4.x) is 3. One of which is marked 'done'... This is not in
line with the wikipage. Many of the 'features' there are tasks or
something else in jira. They should be 'feature requests' there to
shouldn't they? Maybe with factual sub issues for implementation etc...
That is a clean usage of Jira. Automatic visability of version, status
etc... now that is a roadmap...

An example of what you automagicallly get is: Where the second lever
sorting (within 'fix-version/s') can be on either status or priority.
So you would get (oh, and labels can be left out)

*Summary* 	*Fix Version/s* [Descending order - Click to sort in
ascending order] 	*Status* 	*Labels* 	*Pr* 	*Votes*
make business calendar customizable and pluggable
<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-2334> 	jBPM 4.1 	Resolved
Resolved 	Edit
<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=fixVersions&sorter/order=DESC#>
	Minor 	0
process instance versioning
<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-165> 	jBPM 4.1 	Reopened
Reopened 	Edit
<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=fixVersions&sorter/order=DESC#>
	Major 	6
productize group activity
<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-2413> 	jBPM 4.1 	Open Open
Edit
<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=fixVersions&sorter/order=DESC#>
	Major 	0
iCalendar Wrapper for jBPM tasks
<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-1147> 	jBPM 4.x 	Resolved
Resolved 	Edit
<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=fixVersions&sorter/order=DESC#>
	Major 	0
osgi-ify jbpm <https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-2241> 	jBPM 4.x
Open Open 	Edit
<https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=fixVersions&sorter/order=DESC#>
	Major 	0

For FREE if Jira is just used in a more sensible way and not just a
technical issue registration system.

Now if we'd only have a site like http://www.seamframework.org where
they embed this kind of information on the homepage, we'd be so much
better off... Web2.0/mashups/.... give it a name. Maintaining several
different sources of information is so 2004 :-) Maybe it is time to
ressurect www.jbpm.org just like they have seamframework.org. It's a
much more professional approach to things...

Ok, enough ranting, but I hope everybody gets the picture...