[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: New console snapshot published, Task Forms included

SNy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 24 08:25:46 EDT 2009

OK, while the dynamic approach ain't working, I'll workaround by hardcoding the template options (it's a mockup, anyway, so the main aim is to get it working ASAP).

As far as suggesting a solution, I guess it depends on wether or not the outcome (as in: result of the action) is actually useful in subsequent process steps. If not, it probably should not be introduced into the process at all. I don't have sufficient insight into the ways of jBPM yet and therefore don't know about side-effects.
Another idea would be to have the default context stuff that you put into the form as an independent element/namespace 'ctx' or somesuch, containing everything that would go there (it would be nice, BTW, to have a list of the items one can use, I looked in vain for the activity name). 'ctx' should then be regarded as reserved in some way and not be taken from the process.
Or, maybe it would be even better to encapsulate the process variables in an element/namespace of their own, maybe named 'process'?

Just my 2 cent,
regards,
Marko

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245829#4245829