[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - [BPMN2] Task-Outcome must be implemented differntly

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 29 13:01:22 EDT 2009

Hi.

Just wanted to write it down for now: Since BPMN defines more than one outgoing flow as AND-Split (fork), this applies to the UserTask as well.

This means, the XOR semantic from jPDL, where the user selects a outgoing transition, cannot be applied here. In my opinion it must be modelled as conditions on the flow (assume we have Java Expression Language):

  #{outcome == "ok"}

  #{outcome == "cancel"}

Now the outcome can be set by the task management like in JPDL and it works the same.

Sounds logical?

Cheers
Bernd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246756#4246756