[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Undeployment in JBosss Deployer

heiko.braun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 18 07:23:06 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote :
  | you can reactivate it if it was by mistake

Why should it be different then any other Java EE deployment? You guys always try to come up with extraordinary requirements for processes. If you delete an EAR there is no backup either. I think people are smart enough to understand the impact.

But in general you should discuss wether or not to keep the deployer at all.
The way it was written, it did intend additional changes to the core runtime. Especially classloader association upon deployment. In order to get the classloader scoping right, we would need to associate the classloader that the deployer framework provides and not write class info to the database. Similiar to what Bernd did to jbpm3.

If we would complete it in that way, the question of deletion versus suspension would become different.

But honestly, that whole deployment discussion has been going on since december last year and I am tired of repeating myself.
I'd say either you complete the deployer or you remove it at all.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238448#4238448

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238448