[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Why is the console a different repos

heiko.braun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 23 06:18:23 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote :
  | But I think, thats not for us to discuss, it would be a JBoss management task.

No, it's definitely not a management thing. JBoss projects are still OSS run by the project leads. It's something the project leads need to discuss and decide. There will not be a top-to-bottom decision on this. Actually it can't if you think about the way projects are organized within jboss.

Avoiding the discussion, or doing it non-public doesn't help either. So I am glad you guys share your concerns. IMO a public statement like drools did is a good step into the right direction: http://www.jboss.org/drools/drools-flow.html

But on the other hand, if I compare it to the web service project, there has always been open source competition. In our case it was Metro and CXF. Still this didn't question our approach to provide JBossWS in the first place.  But in the long run, community and users did decide for another stack. In this case CXF. But we did make all three of them available on jboss. IMO we'll see something similar with drools and jbpm.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4239333#4239333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4239333