[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Why is the console a different repos

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 23 17:30:56 EDT 2009

The webservices frameworks is a good example where multiple projects from different 'parties' competed (and cooperated) and not all 'survived' (Not sure if 'Darwin' applies here). That is FOSS and if done in a good spirit leads to better results (see the cooperation of the portals that was recently announced). Heck, that is why I joined.

And I agree with Tom that this is not the situation we are discussing here. Sure, everybody has it's preferences like me not wanting to invest to much time in DB stuff or GWT, Heiko disliking seam etc... so choices will be made that not everybody is 100% happy with. No problem, as long as there is a common goal and that definitely seems missing.

Two projects within a company, no matter how they are run without a common goal (like exploring new ways) is not good imo, no  matter how they are run by the project leads. Both have a limited budget I'm sure (otherwise the next communityday would for sure be down under ;-)

So I do think it is a management thing, for sure...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4239557#4239557

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4239557