[jbpm-dev] jbpm-3.2.6.GA QA branch created

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Mar 2 09:48:14 EST 2009

Hi Koen,

 > SOA should take it for a test run. Can you wait on this go-nogo before
 > releasing?

The SOA platform uses 3.2.5.SP2 and does currently not have a dependency
on 3.2.6 - so GPD-3.1.7 it is not a blocker for 3.2.6

 > Another pending issue with GPD 3.1.x is the securing of the deployment
 > servlet. The simple workaround is to add a second servlet definition in
 > the web.xml that is not secured. Can this workaround still be added?

Please discuss this with Heiko, as he owns the jsf console. jbpm-3.2.6
did not see an update of the jsf-console and there was no issue raised
to do so. This can be looked at again in 3.2.7

 > I am sorry to be this late

What can I say? AFAIK, you did not really look into gpd3 issues until
after code freeze. So this should hardly come as a surprise.

Please have a look at this document again
http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13217

A well documented release schedule is supposed to help everybody to
schedule and manage their respective work load in a reliable way. Jira
Freeze for GPD-3.1.7 was 11-Jan-2009. This was the date you committed
yourself to resolve 6 issues until Code Freeze 15-Feb-2009. After Code
Freeze there would have been two more weeks to address integration
issues if there should be any.

As it stands now, I would include GPD-3.1.7 in jBPM-3.2.6 if is ready
before Alejandro has fixed the (last two) remaining regression issues.
If the SOA platform needs it, there would have to be an 3.2.5.SP3. The
community may have to wait until 3.2.7.

cheers
-thomas