[jbpm-dev] Oryx for jBPM

Bernd Rücker bernd.ruecker at camunda.com
Tue Mar 3 14:58:56 EST 2009

Hey guys!

On the weekend I met with one of the guys behind Oryx and today with a
student working on Oryx. There are good news: They want to develop an
integration, or maybe better call it Oryx extension (or whatever) for
jbpm.

The goal is

1.)    Allow including all relevant details for a jPDL process into the
Oryx BPMN model. Then Oryx can automatically generate (and maybe deploy)
this process to jbpm. This can be done by extensions to the existing BPMN
elements in Oryx.

2.)    Monitoring features. Oryx can show additional information on
process elements by some kind of Mashup-API, so the idea is to use this
for Monitoring of

a.       Single Process Instances

b.      Historical information

Maybe this Meshup stuff could also integrate with GWT-Widgets of the new
console (I have no idea about that, we will see). There are other ideas on
the table as well, but I think these are the first steps, which are
challenging enough for the moment ;-)

This is currently the direction the Oryx guys are heading. Since Oryx is
Open Source as well (MIT), this will be available for jBPM users and I
think it is a really cool thing to have. Think about the Showcases or
Play-Around-In-The-Web things you can do with it J

I just wanted to inform you that this is going to happen. I will support
them in any jbpm question they have (since I am in Berlin some times as
well), but it would be cool if you can help as well if question arise

Especially for the next month, since I will go on vacation tomorrow
evening for 4 weeks J

By the way: the developer working on this issue is Ole (in CC).

Cheers

Bernd

EJB-3-Buch:  <http://www.ejbbuch.de/> http://www.ejbbuch.de/

Unsere Seminare:  <http://www.camunda.com/seminare/>
http://www.camunda.com/seminare/

Blog:  <http://www.bpm-guide.de/> www.bpm-guide.de

camunda services GmbH - The Business Process Company

Werastraße 18 - 70182 Stuttgart

 <http://www.camunda.com/> www.camunda.com -  <mailto:info at camunda.com>
info at camunda.com

Bernd Rücker

Geschäftsführer

Telefon +49 711 3278645

Mobil +49 171 1473461

 <mailto:bernd.ruecker at camunda.com> bernd.ruecker at camunda.com

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg: HRB 113230 B

Geschäftsführer: Jakob Freund, Bernd Rücker