[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: programmatic passing of environment objects

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 17 06:17:05 EDT 2009

"heiko.braun at jboss.com" wrote : You can skip the 'finally' when using the callback because it's managed outside of the task service:

i don't think so.  if the services remain process-engine-context scoped objects, then the callback object would have to be removed just like the provided objects themselves...  i think.

internally we only have 1 option:

use a thread local to pass these objects down till the environment is created.  in that case the services can remain process-engine-context scoped.  if we use thread locals to pass the user provided objects or the callback handlers, that thread local cleanup is also needed for callback handlers.

another alternative would be to create a new service object for each request.  but then we would not be able to configure the services.  users will not be able to configure customized services.  maybe that is an other option to consider.  but i don't yet see the full implications of that.  feels scary to go that route

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218535#4218535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218535