[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Debug Logging

david.lloyd@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 30 11:50:46 EDT 2009

"bradsdavis" wrote : Within that document, they also suggest that the debug level is for:

  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | Developer or in depth information required for support is the basis for this priority.
  |   |

  | That doesn't suggest that most will have debugging enabled in a production environment.  We should be targeting production for efficient business processing.

The suggestion occurs later in the document.  This has been discussed to death over several years, so I'm not going to argue about it.  It's the policy.

"bradsdavis" wrote : I haven't seen that isDebugEnabled is deprecated.  Can you shoot me a link to that?

Not Apache clogging, JBoss common logging.  http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/common/common-logging-spi/trunk/src/main/java/org/jboss/logging/Logger.java

"bradsdavis" wrote : Also, putting general debug messages that log full objects can lead to Hibernate lazy loading of objects when there is not necessarily a reason to load the object.  This is definitely a place for efficiency bugs to creep up.

Sounds like it ought to be a trace message.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4222052#4222052

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4222052