[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: task assignee vs owner

citylights do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 7 21:16:48 EDT 2009

Hello, This is my first post on the forum.

I have been following this thread with interest as this is an area we are currently looking to implement against the jBPM 4 release.

The requirement that we face is that task assignment is a nested workflow process. . Conditional behaviour surrounding who gets allocated the task and what happens to the task due to inactivity / incompleteness are requirements that at we are wanting to address over the next couple of months.

Our objective is to support dynamic workflow allocation across organisational boundaries.  In terms of achieving this we have a requirement to support a two stage assignment process whereby tasks are assigned firstly to an organisation and then to an individual within that organisation. The assignments can in some cases be conditional on the approval of the assignee [organisation/ individual].

An excellent article on the sorts of general requirements that a jBPM task allocation module / plug-in should support can be found here http://is.tm.tue.nl/staff/wvdaalst/BPMcenter/reports/2007/BPM-07-10.pdf

If we can be of assistance let me know.

Rgs
Shaun

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4229590#4229590