AW: [jbpm-dev] Re: jBPM 4 limitations

Tom Baeyens tbaeyens at redhat.com
Thu May 14 02:48:28 EDT 2009

Burr Sutter wrote:
> Hey Bernd,
>
> We have one user who believes the JMS-based JobExecutor is the only
> stable one on jBPM3.

we never have been able to reproduce that.

> Is the jBPM4 JobExecutor vastly better in architecture/design to make it
> superior to the JMS-based solution?

only problem with JMS is building out the QA.  and building out the knowledge of the
specific JMS configuration options that might impact the execution of jobs
(redelivery, retries and so on)

that is why in jbpm 4 we opted to prioritize the job executor first.  after that we
can prioritize JMS binding of asynchronous messaging.

apart from that, the jBPM 4 JobExecutor has been optimized significantly.  all job
executor threads within one jBPM instance will not be competing any more for
acquiring jobs.

and our first focus is to build out QA infrastructure so that we can reproduce and
analyse *any* customer problem.

discuss if you don't think these are not the right priorities.

regards, tom.

--
regards, tom.