[jbpm-dev] [jBPM Development] - Re: Issue #JBPM-2537

jbarrez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 2 04:39:23 EST 2009

"sebastian.s" wrote :
  | 1) I don't understand the test case you've supplied. What's the reason for task2 and the second end state? They are not even connected to the start?? At first I thought I had misread the definition and so I copied it into a process definition file to visualize it with the GPD.

The test process is just the one that is attached to the issue you mention. So it may not make sense, but I didn't want to change it because I wanted to replicate the issue as the poster intended

"sebastian.s" wrote :
  | 2) I did not know you've started to work on this and I tried to resolve this issue with my limited knowledge on my own right now. Within TimerImpl I checked if the activity of the execution was of type task and in case of this was true I retrieved the task-object and called OpenTask.delete().

I didn't start working on the issue, I only made a test case to verify if the issue was correct. Which is the case.

"sebastian.s" wrote :
  | Afterwards I saw your test case failing since the task was now deleted and not completed but your test case checks if the task is closed/completed when the timer fires.

So the test was almost perfect ... almost ;-)

"sebastian.s" wrote :
  | Wouldn't it make more sense to delete the task? Completing it does not seem right since it was open and not completed when the timer fired. Especially in from a reporting perspective it does not make sense, does it?
  | When you run a report on the gathered process data it seems as if this task was completed by its assignee although it was not.

At first, I indeed assumed deleting the task was enough. But now I'm thinking about it: from a history perspective, the task existed for a while. So the task may be deleted (runtime data), but the history should reflect that the task has been open for a while, but a timer interrupted it.

I triggered Tom to take a look at the issue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4263431#4263431

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4263431