[jbpm-dev] [jBPM Development] - Re: History related issues - API etc.

Sebastian Schneider schneider at dvz.fh-aachen.de
Thu Nov 26 15:11:54 EST 2009

Hello Joram!

Joram Barrez schrieb:
> Currently, only jBPM3 is supported by Red Hat, through the SOA-P. So if
> you buy a SOA-P subscription today, you have coverage for the next 5
> years (I think it is 5, at least).
> We're debating internally how to get jBPM4 supported, but do note that
> this will probably take some time before this is sorted out and poured
> into a platform.

IMHO single jBPM4 support would be very interesting - without the SOA-P.
Maybe this would also be a good starting point to support jBPM4. The big
question is. Which version do you chose if you start a project today or
at the end of the year? And imagine you would be interested in all the
new and shiny 4.x-features as well as in commercial support. jBPM4
releases are considered stable since they pass all tests of the test
suite, right?

Are there possibilities for remittance work from JBoss resp. RedHat?
Imagine you want to have a specific bug being fixed in limited time or a
specific feature being implemented?

Cheers!
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Schneider
bonding Hochschulgruppe Aachen (inactive member, future alumni)