[jbpm-dev] [jBPM Development] - Re: making references to usercode more consistent in jpdl

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 5 10:49:35 EDT 2009

And with these changes, the question comes about upgrades.

So when users apply the upgrade to the next version, their old process xml will still be in the db.

anonymous wrote : What should be included in our automatic upgrade?

For now, I forsee that we must add a deployment property 'langid' for all processes deployed in the repository.  That should be set jpdl-4.0 for all existing processes in the automatic upgrade.    And we also include a mechanism that will add this property and set it to the current library version if we insert a process into the repository.  That way, when we parse a process file from the repository we know exactly in what schema version it was deployed.  So we just need to make sure that our parser produces the backwards compatible behaviour for it.

In more general terms, we could discuss:

anonymous wrote : What exactly are our stability promises when it comes to jPDL?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258684#4258684

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4258684