[jbpm-dev] [jBPM Development] - Re: making references to usercode more consistent in jpdl

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 6 10:26:14 EDT 2009

Guys, a question:  Does it make sense to combine an expr with injections when specifying user code ?

imo it does not.  if you specify an event-listener or custom activity behaviour.   if you obtain the user code object by resolving an expression, i think it would be highly unlikely for users to want to inject things in it after resolution.     since it is resolved as an expression, it doesn't live in the process or the deployment scope.   and hence the object lives in another scope like the process instance, process engine, some web beans context maybe.   if your object is resolved from these other contexts, it would seem very strange if the process execution would inject values in it.

so my conclusion is that we'll have more robust software if we explicitely remove injections in case an expr attribute is used to refer to user code.

wdyt ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258928#4258928

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4258928