[jbpm-dev] [jBPM Development] - Re: Extension of schema and Task-objects

sebastian.s do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 6 11:03:06 EDT 2009

Hello Ronald,

thanks for your answer.

"Ronald" wrote :
  | I personally would also opt for a nice api to retrieve additional attributes on existing elements (activities)

I am especially interested in this, too: storing information with tasks and retrieving them later on so I would love to see something like this. IHMO opinion it's a common use case that you deal with a task list in your own application or client and you are in need of additional information what the task is about and how to represent and deal with it in your program. The possibility of having custom attributes in a convient way without the need of extending or implementing would make a thing like this a lot more easier.

For example: You could define use-case-specific task types because you know that in your processes you got 3 different kinds of users tasks, for example. So you could always determine the type of a task to display a proper form to input data or you react in a different way in your application.

I hope you get the idea of my example. I'd love to hear what you think about my thought.

Cheers!
Sebastian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258938#4258938

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4258938