[jbpm-dev] [jBPM Development] - Re: Some bugs and feature requests on jBPM 4.1

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 22 02:34:18 EDT 2009

Joram wrote :
  | 2. Invalid types.xml doesn't result in a parsing error
  |
  | Indeed a 'nice to have' feature ... should be easy to catch and log.

No, I think logging is not appropriate. The XML is wrong, so it should throw an exception!

Joram wrote :
  | 4. Should be possible to set Subprocess Key by expression
  |
  | I've heard this request from someone else too. Besides have an easier overview with multiple subprocesses, what other benefits do you see?

If you have to externally signal that sub process you have to search it by key (since searching by process variables is not yet possible and maybe ineffective). But therefor you need a possibility to specify the key on creation to use it later to query the right process instance.

Joram wrote :
  | 7. Signavio
  |
  | I agree. I got the same feedback from a meeting with real-life users. Also, the other way around (from Eclipse -> Signavio) doesn't always work well regarding coordinates, it seems.

Yesterday I got a NPE when opening a process from Eclipse in Signavio (unfortantely in a live presentation ;-) Anyway, so for sure there is still some work to do in that area ;-)

anonymous wrote :
  | 8. Support EJB3 Entities as process variables

Yes, Ronald is right. How to use SLSB as variable? ;-) The other feature is nice as well, but EJB3 Entities is more important for me at the moment. But since both makes sense, cool to hear there is some progress in that area.

You should be totally releaxed after your honemoon, eh?

Can you create the bugs as JIRA issues? That would be really cool, otherwise I will do it hopefully next week.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4261639#4261639

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4261639