[jbpm-dev] [jBPM Development] - Re: Creating domain specific nodes into a jbpm-editor

barteljan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 10 09:04:45 EDT 2009

"kukeltje" wrote :
  | Then you are already further then I am ;-) Lets see how Koen can help, he is the 'master' ;-)

that sounds good ;).

"kukeltje" wrote :
  | Might be interesting to also have a look at the RuleFlow editor (not sure if all the latest things are in the drools or jboss tools svn or there at all). Since we seem to be going to borrow/share something that Koen had an idea for a long time ago and Kris seems to have implemented it in quite a nice a way.

I could write a simple drools-eclipse-project using some workItems if you want a simple example using the latest  stable drools release (5.0.0).
But if you have good connections to Kris, asking him would be excellent ....

"kukeltje" wrote :
  | So to summarize:
  |
  | We need a way to specifiy
  | - A node type (name)
  | - reference to a pallet icon
  | - reference a node icon (process diagram level but could be the same as the palet icon)
  | - a reference to a custom node implementation (java class) that has to be included in the process archive
  | - some way to edit 'properties' of this node in a user friendly way (non-xml)
  |
  | Designing these should be almost as easy as  defining custom node, maybe by having the class implement a specific interface and find all implementing classes via reflection or use annotations or whatever and add them to the pallet on runtime. No XML hell... right ;-)

Avoiding xml-hell sounds good,but what should we do if there are classes in the classpath who are correctly annotated or implement the right interface, but which shouldn't be shown in the editor (thinking of the example nodes provided in the jmpm.jar or the jar of project x, which uses nearly the same classes, but different "action-type nodes").
Another problem is that this means that the implementation class is needed while designing the process, which might be unwanted ....

I would prefer an option to configure it with a xml-jungle, but defaults which are using reflection or annotations ....

"kukeltje" wrote :
  | Would be good if we could break up all these things in jira and maybe some underlying things for Koen so it is clear what needs to be done etc.

Hmm .... seems like i will spend my weekend with jbpm :-P.

I would suggest starting a new forum-thread summarizing all requirements, so that we can split them up into different jira-issues.
Would you agree with that ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254441#4254441

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254441