[jbpm-dev] [jBPM Development] - Re: Creating domain specific nodes into a jbpm-editor

barteljan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 17 11:48:09 EDT 2009

Hey everybody,

at first sorry for my absence in the last week which was the result of unexpected project pressure in the last 4 days, but since this is managed, I hope to spend my next 3 days into the extension of the GPD ....

As the things are now, I managed to check out the 4 projects in the jboss-svn at the last weekend and get a better view about eclipse-plugin-developement. With this new knowledge in mind I would agree to Koen that having a plugin-based way to extend the gpd with customized nodes would be great, and would also agree with Ronald
that having a way to extend it without plugins would also be great.

So why shouldn't we implement both way's ?
Since we have to refactor the classes which are responsible for registering the nodes and showing them into the editor-palette it should be easy to do both, requesting spezified extension points, which will satisfy the situation where you don't want some additional classes in your "design-project", and interspecting project classes for annotated customized node classes for situations where you want unit testing and a more "eclipse independent" developement.

I will have a closer look at the both classes koen specified in the next hours and at tommorrow morning so that I hope that I can join in the discussion in a better way at saturday.

Which takes me to the next point should I create a wiki-page for our "delineation" or will we discuss that at the GPD 292 ?

Again sorry for being silent for the last week,

Cheers,
Jan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255782#4255782

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255782