[jbpm-dev] jBPM5 Request for Comments - feedback

Maciej Swiderski swiderski.maciej at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 13:11:38 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

I agree with you if we are talking about jBPM as a framework as it is
currently. But in my opinion presented concept is more like complete
platform and not only framework. That's why I suggested that authorization
should be included there as well.
Obviously it should be plug-able but I think this will be done like that by
default.
BTW, it was described already in the article, I just simple missed it.

In addition, it should be clearly shown what is the purpose of jBPM and
Drools. At this point they overlap each other in some areas which makes it a
bit confusing. As Sebastian pointed out, Drools is a good rules engine and
jBPM is a good workflow engine so focus should be on integrating them in a
easy way, that would bring a lot to both.

Regards
Maciej