[jbpm-dev] jBPM5 Request for Comments

McManus,Alexander Alex.McManus at oclc.org
Mon Apr 19 10:51:06 EDT 2010

We're using jBPM 4 at the PVM level to support a Groovy-based
domain-specific process language. In any new version, I'd like to see
the PVM API more formally defined and documented - at the moment it
feels like we are taking a risk messing about in the internals of jBPM.
Perhaps the PVM could be a separate sub-project in its own right? This
hard separation might also help improve its design - it seems to be
getting more muddled with each release of jBPM 4, for example exposing
implementation classes in APIs rather than the interfaces they
implement.

I'd also like to see the back of the strange
dependency-injection/configuration framework in jBPM, and be able to use
any DI framework (e.g. Spring) to fully configure jBPM.

Thanks, Alex.