[jbpm-dev] jBPM5 Request for Comments

Sebastian Schneider schneider at dvz.fh-aachen.de
Mon Apr 19 12:51:10 EDT 2010

Hello Alexander!

Am 19.04.2010 16:51, schrieb McManus,Alexander:
> We're using jBPM 4 at the PVM level to support a Groovy-based
> domain-specific process language. In any new version, I'd like to see
> the PVM API more formally defined and documented - at the moment it
> feels like we are taking a risk messing about in the internals of jBPM.
> Perhaps the PVM could be a separate sub-project in its own right? This
> hard separation might also help improve its design - it seems to be
> getting more muddled with each release of jBPM 4, for example exposing
> implementation classes in APIs rather than the interfaces they
> implement.
AFAIK it was Tom's intention to position the PVM as a separate
sub-project. I think that this is an important aspect and it also
matches the vision presented by JBoss (being prepared for additional
process execution languages).

> I'd also like to see the back of the strange
> dependency-injection/configuration framework in jBPM, and be able to use
> any DI framework (e.g. Spring) to fully configure jBPM.
FULL ACK. There are always a couple of request on the forums asking for
better spring support. If it's possible to support any or at least some
well-established DI Frameworks I'd go for it.

> Thanks, Alex.
Thanks for your valueable feedback.

Sebastian

--