[jbpm-dev] jBPM4 and jBPM5

Simon Zhang SIMONZ at synnex.com
Mon Apr 19 14:38:24 EDT 2010

The announcement of jBPM5 is an exciting news that we have been waiting for since March 30th. Thanks to sharing this with us.
Here are our comments as a development team that loves and are intensively using jBPM.

1.       Regarding jBPM4, as many others already mentioned, it is not clear about its fate.  We have invested a lot effort to develop a new platform for our own usage that relying on jBPM4 since last year, and have been anxiously waiting for jBPM4.4 release as it contains a lot of bug fixes that we ran into during our usage. Our company is a RedHat customer and a partner, we even used RedHat support contract to seek support on jBPM. In a simple word, We hope jBPM team will continue to fix these bugs to make jBPM4 stable. BTW, Currently we are still using jPDL4, so stop supporting BPMN2 features in jBPM4 won't bother us.

2.       As we have invested on both jBPM and drools,  with jBPM and rule flow combined plus BPMN2, jBPM5 is an ideal product we are looking forward to.  We are eager to know its delivery timeline.

3.       We have noticed before the conflict between jBPM team and drools team in jBoss. Hope this time the cooperation among these two will be smooth. Even though the founder of jBPM left, we still hope the new jBPM team will inherit his legacy well and bring the best of jBPM4 to jBPM5. I believe jBPM team has made this promise, just want to state our comments over here.

Cheers,