[jbpm-dev] jbpm 5 feedback

Andrea Zoppello zoppello at tiscali.it
Wed May 12 04:00:32 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm a jpm 3.X version and i want ( if possible )  give my two cents
about what
i would like to expect from JBPM Release 5.

>From  functional point of view:

1) Support for BPMN2 executable model.

 From technical point of view i'd like these features:

1) Ability to use JPM within an OSGi container, so i would like to have
bundles for engine
and to have jbpm services exposed as OSGi services.

2) A better separation between the engine and the persistence layer. In
my opinion the
jbpm3.X code is too much coupled with hibernate, i'd really like to have
a separation to be able
for example to use JPA or ( for example a NoSQL database ) for persistence.

Any thoughts??

Andrea