[jbpm-dev] jbpm 5 feedback

Eric D. Schabell eric at schabell.org
Thu May 13 14:07:51 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Andrea Zoppello <zoppello at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> First off all thank you comments here some further clarifications /
> response:
>
> 1) OSGi... i think that this is a prirority... there's a lot of interest
> around it and a lot
> of companies are moving towards OSGi powered applications. BTW with
> regards to jbpm it could be  not only a JBPM problems but also on it's
> dependencies..

I hope this will be a longer term roadmap item, getting a release out
and moving in the right direction would hopefully still hold priority.

> 2) About the persistence layer i perfectly agree tha JPA is the right
> choice but what
> i really would like to see is the layer implementing the engine core to
> be separated from
> the persistence one.

Seems like the way to go to me for what that is worth.

> 3) Regard NoSQL i think that in some situations it could fit very well
> ( for example
> grid system as salaboy suggested ). I'm not suggesting to drop the
> realtional persistence layer
> but to support also other based on NoSQL.

This should be so far out there on the roadmap that you can't even
read the tiny letters! ;-)

Now seriously, I have never run into jBPM implementations trying to
grid/cloud or whatever you are thinking this 'noSQL' term is needed
for. I would be very interested in seeing the use cases that someone
is trying to implement. That should be the only basis of spending the
scarce resources on deviating from the jBPM5 roadmap for quite some
time. When and if these use cases pop up, start this discussion back
up would be my plan of attack.

Regards, erics