[jbpm-dev] jbpm 5 feedback

Kris Verlaenen kverlaen at redhat.com
Mon May 17 19:28:26 EDT 2010

Andrea Zoppello wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a jpm 3.X version and i want ( if possible )  give my two cents
> about what
> i would like to expect from JBPM Release 5.
>
> >From  functional point of view:
>
> 1) Support for BPMN2 executable model.
>
>  From technical point of view i'd like these features:
>
> 1) Ability to use JPM within an OSGi container, so i would like to have
> bundles for engine
> and to have jbpm services exposed as OSGi services.

Yes, this is mentioned in the proposal and something we want to achieve
as well.

> 2) A better separation between the engine and the persistence layer. In
> my opinion the
> jbpm3.X code is too much coupled with hibernate, i'd really like to have
> a separation to be able
> for example to use JPA or ( for example a NoSQL database ) for persistence.

The implementation will target JPA.  And I agree on the problem of the
persistence
layer being too coupled with hibernate and the core model.  We want
persistence
to be more orthogonal, not as part of the core model.

Kris