[jbpm-dev] Proposal for jBPM5 first release

Xu Hui Sheng xyz20004 at 163.com
Thu May 27 03:45:47 EDT 2010

Hi guys

for Open persistence,  who can provide the E/R graph for current Drools flow?  I am interesting in how it store the process definition and process instance datas.  Thank you very much.

> 1.) Open persistence

While I agree with Edward on the value of an open relational schema for reporting and similar tools, I think the choosen path is more valuable. If you have needs for an open schema, you'll almost always better served if you design it yourself. With some interceptors in the right places (jBPM4 seems to have the right hooks to plug them in) you can keep your report schema aligned with the engine's data, without disturbing it too much. Even jBPM3's very open and flexible schema is not good enough with some kind of processes (I have some 150+ nodes, 200+ variables, very long financial processes to manage), so you'll end up with something custom anyway. If you design it flexible enough, however, you could come up with an interesting extension.

2010-05-27

Xu Hui Sheng
WebSite: http://www.family168.com/