[jbpm-dev] Proposal for jBPM5 first release

Andrea Zoppello zoppello at tiscali.it
Thu May 27 05:33:32 EDT 2010

Hi,

See the inline response....

Il 27/05/2010 10:51, Xu Hui Sheng ha scritto:
> Hi Andrea,
> Export service is much easier than handle the persistence layer.
Yeah, i know.... it's exactly what i'm doing now... but i'm not exposing
the original jbpm services, because some
objects used in jbpm signature API are directly bound to hibernate so
they could be not fully initialized (CGLib proxied
and so on ) so exposing a similar interface as OSGi could result in
unexpected results...

This is the reason why at the moment i'm exposing ( not directly JBPM
API ) but a mine custom API as OSGi services.
So improving jbpm code to be not so coupled with hibernate could help a
lot towards an OSGi integration

> Hibernate is truely hard to integrate into OSGi environment. Since it
> just store the classname as String and initialize instance everytime.
> I don't know other JPA framework could handle this.

Yes it's. EclipseLink is at the moment well integrated within OSGi. BTW
don't know if you know but in the OSGi Enterprise Specification, there's
a formal specification that address the integration between JPA and
OSGi, and explain how to do that...
Probably this is an Hibernate related question but i don't really know
if Hibernate Team has in it's plan... to implement this, or to work this

> And in the jBPM 4, there is still some classloader issue for running
> on OSGi environment. Or Maybe we should provide an OSGi platform with
> jbpm as a system package. So we needn't worry about the classloader
> issues.

Yes... the problems within OSGi are not only related to hibernate, but
to jbpm too... Classloadin issue are present also when you get custom
handlers
within an OSGi environent.

As i said before also for this, i managed this problem keeping jbpm,
hibernate ( their dependencies ) and the custom handlers incapsulated in a
whole bundle...

I'm not sure what do you mean when you're proposing to provide "jbpm as
system packages" but i would really prefer to have a roadmap from
hibernate and
jbpm team to get two of my favourite frameworks to work with OSGi.

Andrea