[jbpm-dev] Features and jBPM 5

Kris Verlaenen kverlaen at redhat.com
Sun May 30 20:29:19 EDT 2010

Eric,

Regarding the multi-threading, could you maybe share a use case where
this would be necessary?  As real multi-threading on the same process
instance brings a lot of additional complexity (syncing the state).  And
since a process should never include any processing that is not
instantaneous (you should use async. work items for that), I don't think
real multi-threading on the same process instance would make a huge
difference.  Of course, using multiple thread to execute different
process instances will definitely give you a performance gain and we do
want to allow that.

Kris