[jbpm-dev] Features and jBPM 5 - Adapters

Kris Verlaenen kverlaen at redhat.com
Sun May 30 20:51:45 EDT 2010

Brad,

Are you familiar with the concept of domain-specific work items in
Drools Flow?   As that is an extension with the purpose of facilitating
communication with external components:
https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/docs/drools-flow/html/ch.Domain_Specific_Processes.html

It seems to be a perfect match almost, as Drools Flow uses it to provide
out-of-the-box support for things like File management, FTP, Email,
Jabber, REST, RSS, Google calendar, and a few more.  We are hoping we
can build like a library of these components, so that people can
contribute an adapter if they have implemented one for their specific
use case that might be useful to other people as well.

When creating your process, you can then decide which one you need, and
they will show up in your Eclipse process palette.  Ok, not those
wizards yet etc., but seems the core is there already.

Let me know what you think.

Kris