[jbpm-dev] Proposal for jBPM5 first release

Maciej Swiderski swiderski.maciej at gmail.com
Mon May 31 02:42:46 EDT 2010

> Do you see this as specific to one specific process, or just a compensation
> mechanism for all processes executing on your engine (like, if anything goes
> wrong, do this)?

More like specific to a process. Mainly because having one mechanism for
entire process engine could be too generic, will be difficult to handle what
shall be done for particular error in particular process, especially if the
process definition is big and there are quite many definitions running.
My initial idea was that each activity can (but does not have to) register
to a compensation manager on execution time specifying what/who to invoke in
case of rollback. Scope of it will be of course transaction, so on
commit/rollback compensation manager will drop all registered listeners for
given process. However, I don't know how does it fit BPMN2?!

/Maciej