[jbpm-dev] Proposal for jBPM5 first release

Maciej Swiderski swiderski.maciej at gmail.com
Mon May 31 09:17:47 EDT 2010

Just one more comment that just came to my mind - some time ago I got a
question from one of our customer - "is it possible to prioritize process
definitions?"
Motivation for that was that they had 4-5 different process definitions
deployed to same process engine, where two of them were mission critical
processes and the rest just regular ones. Regular processes were ran very
frequently consuming quite some server resources and when one of the mission
critical process wanted to be executed it could jump into a highly loaded
environment with the same priority as any other. That caused them to be
executed with delays that were not acceptable from business point of view.
They would like to have possibility to specify that some of the process
definitions are more important than the other, to be able to ensure that
those mission critical processes will be served quicker and better.

I noticed that jBPM 4.x has already a possibility to set priority but looks
like it is not used afterwards.

/Maciej