[jbpm-dev] jBPM5.1CR1 comments

Nelson Marques Pereira npereira at temenos.com
Thu Jun 2 05:11:27 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

I have been following this project up closely and I have tried out the
new jBPM5.1. This is a project that I have a special interest and that I
have accompanied for quite some time

I feel that there are some features that would be important in future
releases for the jBPM,

1.       Decoupling the java classes from the BPMN2 xml  - Currently the
all the task objects that have code in them, this code is being written
in the XML, my feeling is that any kind of code should be decoupled from
the XML and created in a separate java files.

2.       Runtime versioning - I think that at this time there isn't a
way to version process at runtime, I mean the ability to have two
versions of the same process and be able to run them both.

3.       Easier way to configure - One of the things that I have
struggled is configuration, it is still very time consuming to configure
jBPM5.1. For example, configuring persistence, besides configuring
persistence, hibernate and testDS1 xml's I also hat to configure
persistence file in jbpm-human-task-5.1.0.M1.jar  file.

4.       Detailed information - I know that in time the information will
get up to speed and that the lack of it has to do with this project
being fairly recent, but an upgrade on user and development information
would be very important and a way to consolidate the project.

I hope my feedback helps and hope to see future developments from this
project.

Kind regards.

Nelson Pereira
Process Developer  - Process Orchestration

TEMENOS
The Banking Software Company
.
71 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4TD
.
M: +44 788 098 4445

http://www.temenos.com <http://www.temenos.com/> .

the most profitable banks run TEMENOS...

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. Any use or disclosure of the contents
of this e-mail/attachments by a not intended recipient is unauthorized and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and
do not necessarily represent those of TEMENOS.
We recommend that you check this e-mail and any attachments against viruses.
TEMENOS accepts no liability for any damage caused by any malicious code or virus transmitted by this e-mail.